California State Tax Information for Non-Residents


MercedCERA is required to file 1099-R information to the Internal Revenue Service and Franchise Tax Board. Even though you are a non-resident of California, on occasion you may still be contacted by the Franchise Tax Board requesting tax filings for California since your pension payment is a California source income.

MercedCERA cannot provide legal or tax advise and recommends that members cooperate with the Franchise Tax Board and submit any required documentation to verify residency regarding filing California state taxes.